Pages

Your Ad Here

Monday, June 25, 2007

The Cure for Silence.

The Cure for Silence.

On Families (part 3): parents are humans too.

Posted: 24 Jun 2007 10:52 PM CDT

Don't think that parents don't have any weaknesses. Sometimes, it's better that they do.

As children, parents were the supper duo who could tie and untie every shoe laces and every unnecessary knots of our cat's cradle strings. There was nothing that they didn't know, and nothing that they couldn't do. Everything just seemed workable around them, and the Godly image that we had of our parents were impossible for us to reach. At a certain point however, they start to become human. And suddenly, in the oddest way, we begin to respect them more.

Within the past couple of [rough] weeks, I've seen humanity in almost every parent I know. Two of the bravest parents on earth were forced to bury their oldest son when my late friend past away. His parents had to endure the idea that they have outlived their child for the rest of their lives, and it tears them apart. On the day that my sister was taken away on a dreadful gurney for her spinal-fusion surgery, my mother couldn't stop her tears and I began to realize that the supper woman I've grown to know was then relying on me for help. Last night, as I share a meal with my dad for a peaceful dinner, he said to me: good parents should want their children to do better or at least do as well they did in life. He would hate nothing more than for me to never succeed in anything. None of these parents could wish any greater for their children. To bury a son, to cry over a daughter, and to have a great hope for a child only proves how human they are.

Parents are the most fascinating humans alive because they are at their weakest when their children are in pain. For that, I respect them.
Greatly.

No comments:

RiverStream Hot Tweets

    follow me on Twitter

    riverstream web search

    Custom Search

    My Blog List

    BJ's YouTube RiverStreaming

    Popular Posts